Dr. Thorsten Gantevoort
Senior Director Technology, Head of Regional Segment A-FS, Head of Certification Body, Inspection Body and Test Lab
| TUV Rheinland | Germany
Thorsten Gantevoort has been renowned for his expertise in the field of safety of machines and plants for many years, with more than 30 presentations on conferences globally and publication on multiple professional journals. He also holds various workshops and trainings worldwide regarding the topic of Functional Safety and the standards EN 954-1, IEC 61508, IEC 62061 and EN ISO 13849-1.
- Safety components and safeguards at machinery and plants
- PLC, Configurable and programmable controllers for safety-related applications
- Electro-mechanical components, relays with forcibly guided contacts
- Technical assistance concerning general questions related to functional safety and safety concepts
- Functional Safety, calculation of safety related parameters according to IEC 61508, IEC 62061, ISO 13849-1
- Safety Instrumented Systems (loops) according to EN ISO 13849, IEC 62061 and IEC 61511
- Member of German committee for EN ISO 13849-1/-2 and EN 50156
- Member of Plattform Industrie 4.0
- Workshops and Trainings in German and English language about topics related with Functional Safety and the standards IEC 61508, IEC 61511, IEC 62061 and EN ISO 13849-1 etc.
- More than 30 Presentations on conferences globally
- Publications in different professional journals