You are invited to submit your interest to present in the Symposium. We are looking for input from regulators, process industries, Major Hazard Facilities, safety professionals, university and research institutes, standards development bodies, engineering communities, and other relevant stakeholders of Safety Case Regime.
Each speaker will receive one additional complementary ticket to the Symposium.
Submission of Executive Summary
Please submit your interest with an executive summary:
- Length: up to 3 pages.
- Language: English.
- Topics: Technology, Methodology, and Regulation around Safety Case
- Channel: either via “Submit” button below, or following the Call for Papers attached at the end.
Your submission shall present the developments and trends of state-of-the-art technology, best engineering practices, in-depth methodology argument, latest regulations/standards update, or other Safety Case in the context of Singapore and/or global market.
Submission will be considered on the condition of:
- Comprehensive: Cover more than just the fundamentals of Safety Case
- Non-commercial: Free from sales pitch on products and/or services in any form
- Objective: Based on factual observation or actual experience
Final papers and presentations will be published on the Symposium website.
Timeline of Submission
- Receipt of summary: by January 8th, 2019
- Notification of acceptance: by January 29th, 2019
- Receipt of final papers and presentations: by March 5th, 2019
Topic of interest
- Safety Case / Security Regulations
- Safety Case Technologies, such as
- Risk Assessment
- Functional Safety
- Explosion Protection
- Emergency Response Plan
- Human Factors
- Mechanical Engineering
- Cyber Security
- Safety Case Methodologies, such as:
- ALARP Principle
- Alternative Perspectives of Safety Case
- Safety Case Development
- Safety Case Assessment, such as:
- Best Engineering Practices, such as:
- International Safety Standards
- Proven in Use Engineering Approach
- Process Safety Management
- Safety Procedure
- Alarm Management
- Change Management
- Insurance Policy